Suzuki Music Teaching Method in Sydney
Every child is born with enormous life force and outrageous potential. Established in 2004, The Music Garden is a carefully structured music education program that nurtures the unique abilities and character of every child from the very beginning of life with love and respect.
- Are you looking for that one activity that will give your child a brilliant all-round start to learning from the very beginning?
- Would you like to give your child the gift of music?
- Are you interested in a program that develops musical ability alongside fundamental learning and interpersonal skills?
- Would you like to have a wealth of shared musical memories with your child?
- Are you looking for a place where you and your child are treated with warmth, kindess, understanding and respect – free from pressure to perform?
- If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then welcome: keep reading or sign up for our Free Trial Class (value $27).
Whether you are a professional musician, a lover of music, or someone who thinks they have limited or no musical ability whatsoever, The Music Garden was started to give all parents a place to come and start their child’s music education from the very beginning of life. Music is a core part of the human experience, a powerful tool for learning and brain/body development, and is so gentle that it can be enjoyed and shared with your unborn baby. As a Suzuki Early Childhood Music (SECM) program, the philosophy of pioneering music educator and humanitarian Shinichi Suzuki and his fierce belief in the unlimited potential of every child to be musical and to grow into a noble loving citizen of the world underpins everything we do. Suzuki believed that 'talent' as we generally understand it is not inborn, but rather fostered by the environment of the child. He wrote that it is up to parents and educators to consciously create the environment of the child, one that nurtures sensitivity, kindness, an appreciating of beauty, and a loving heart. The Music Garden is an environment that supports and guides parents who want to embark on this whole-person journey to give their children the gift of music. If that sounds like you, click on Free Trial Class (value $27) and we look forward to welcoming you in person.
We specialize in working with children from 3 months to 3 years old, and offer you a sure way to develop fundamental musical skills and concepts including:
- keeping the beat and tempo
- pitch awareness
- rhythm, anticipation and timing
- gross and fine-motor coordination
Plus invaluable learning and social skills like:
- patience and the ability to wait for a turn
- concentration, cooperation and confidence
- listening skills
- sensitivity to others
- observation skills
- love of music, books and reading
- speech and language development
As parents it is easy to fall into the habit of over-scheduling, trying to give our children 'every opportunity' to grow and develop. Before long we end with so many activities on the weekly calendar that life becomes simply a logistical challenge where we simply rush from one thing to another. The Music Garden supports parents to avoid this trap (in the early years at least!) by providing a single activity that will equip your child with powerful learning skills and abilities that will serve them well whatever they choose to do in the future.
p.s. In 2012 a world-first Canadian study into music education of 6 month old infants has shown that babies who are in a Suzuki early childhood program like ours that includes acoustic instruments, repetition, CD listening, parental involvement, a core curriculum of traditional nursery rhymes, action songs and lullabies, along with musical activities, for 6 months or more develop measurable musical and social skills - click here to read more!
p.p.s. you can sign up here to book in for a Free Trial Class (value $27) or just stay in touch - we'll send you our newsletter that is full of musical activities you can do with your child, concerts, articles, plus all that's happening at The Music Garden.